Monday, February 24, 2014



BLOG ASSIGNMENT: TIME WELL SPENT



I have really enjoyed my final class and look forward to all of the things that life brings, the challenges as well as the rewards.  I have learned what type of leader I desire to me.   I want to have the love, respect, enthusiasm and enough information about biases and stereotypes to be an instrument that enhances of the lives of every child I have the pleasure of meeting.  I want to continue to increase my knowledge and understanding of education and what it takes to make a difference not only in my community but also in my city.  During my research on this subject, I have found that there are many things that have an effect on a child’s learning.  Some of these include things such as the environment, their lack of support, and lack of finances or necessities to meet the daily needs, and peer pressure. I have also learned that diversity covers a large range of people.  It is not just the differences in our socioeconomic status and ethnicity.  It includes things such as language barriers, culture, gender and even being raised by someone that is not a parent.  We have to realize that there is diversity and some of these things make a difference in the way students respond to certain things.  My long-term goal is to have a collection of books that encourage are students to be better and to receive my doctorate degree in education so that I can open my own childcare academy.


I appreciate all that I have learned from my instructor as well as my colleagues and thank all of you for your being a part of my life for the past seven weeks.  Thanks for enlightening me and helping me to see past myself into your lives, education and experiences. It has been a pleasure getting to know you and wish you all the best in your lives.  God bless. Please feel free to contact me via email at selethatucker@yahoo.com or selethamarie@gmail.com in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Seletha,
    I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your posts and insight with me. I have really enjoyed reading your comments and for being on this journey with wonderful classmates like you. I wish you the best of luck in future endeavors and thanks again!!


    Sha'Keema

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seletha,
    Good luck to you in all that you do! I hope to see more books authored by you! I have enjoyed reading your posts and sharing your passion.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seletha,
    thank you for your insights during many classes! I really liked the study into what type of leader we hope to be also. I know you will lead with your heart and a knowledge. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Seletha,

    I have enjoyed collaborating with you during this course. I wish you the best as you continue your professional journey to obtain your doctorate degree. I know that you will succeed!! I look forward to reading your books and visiting the childcare academy that you will open!! Stay in touch! Email...lynlar78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you and go out and change the world

    ReplyDelete